The Financial Counselling Program within the Multicultural Problem Gambling Service for NSW provides free and confidential financial counselling services to problem gamblers and their families from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds living in NSW.
Financial counsellors can provide support in the following ways:
- Provide options to address financial difficulties
- Negotiate repayment arrangements with creditors
- Explore eligibility for government assistance
- Link you to other appropriate services such as counselling, emergency relief and legal support
- Assistance with organising personal finances and developing a budget.
An interpreter can be arranged if required.
To book an appointment or for enquiries, call (02) 8838 2011
Work and Development Order
Work and Development Orders (WDOs) are a way to help people who can't pay their fines. WDOs allow customers to clear their fines through unpaid work, courses and treatment programs with approved WDO sponsors. WDOs can help clients get their driver's licence back and make a fresh start.
The WDO scheme delivers real change and community benefit.
THE WDO scheme helps people who:
- have a mental illness
- have an intellectual disability or cognitive impairment
- have a serious substance or gambling addiction
- are homeless
- are in acute economic hardship.
WDO sponsors include government agencies, non-government organisations and health practitioners. Sponsors use the WDO Self Service Portal to streamline the WDO process.
As a WDO Sponsor we can support a client through our counselling service.
Download a postcard about our Financial Counselling Services here (pdf 1015KB).