The Transcultural Mental Health Centre offers education and training opportunities that aim to assist service providers to understand and address the needs of culturally and linguistically diverse populations.
Our education and training can be tailored to fit the needs of staff in a range of settings including hospitals, and in the community and other relevant services.
Components of our program can include:
- What is culture? A discussion about how ‘everyone has culture’.
- How culture can impact on mental health and the way symptoms are experienced and communicated.
- Help-seeking patterns and beliefs about participating in health care.
- The impact of stigma in culturally diverse communities.
- Undertaking cross-cultural assessment.
- Culturally accurate treatment planning.
- An overview of mental health with a focus on culturally and linguistically diverse communities, for non health services.
For more information or to arrange a staff development session for your organisation please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.